Saturday, March 15, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Footrace

AKA - First ever 5K attempt.

I was inspired to try running, something I have always hated doing because it is so incredibly boring. However, when your good friend calls to say she is going to come visit you from Texas for a weekend, and feels like running a 10K while she is there, just for fun..... well, for the first time in my life, I actually thought about running.

I had already been working out 3-4 times a week for a few months, and this, I thought, would give me another boost to keep up the good work.  So, I did it. I got on that treadmill, and walked/jogged a mile.

The next time I went, I made sure to bring my phone and earphones.  I walked/jogged again. And again. And again.

Thankfully, Edwin gave me a little nudge: I should try a 5K, before attempting this 10K business.
Enter: St. Patrick's Day Footrace

I had a few things going for me: Edwin would watch the girls for me.  He hooked me up with some running pants, and special shirt.  My friend, Carrie, was going to run as well, with her husband. I could always walk if it was just too much. :)

Tory climbing a tree before the race. She asked me to make a video of herself, detailing her climbing adventure. 

Tory imitating Sacajawea (I think), and Natalia loving on her sister.



We bumped into another friend, Kate. Natalia and Tory were SOOOO excited to get a picture with "The Cool Girl with the Red Hair".

I was surprised at how much of the race I actually did NOT walk.  I would walk a couple of minutes, then get a surge of energy (yes, I was surprised). 

Celebrating with the Reason I even did the race! Thanks for encouraging me to try, Edwin! :)

1 comment:

  1. You will be running a half marathon before you know it!! :)

    ReplyDelete