Thursday, September 27, 2012

Flexibility

For a couple of years now, Tory has wanted to grow up to be an Animal Rescuer, just like the Wild Kratt Brothers, a fun PBS show for kids.  After going to see the very exciting OVO, by Cirque du Soleil, however, her ambitions have shifted to being an acrobat.  And, of course, all little sisters want to be whatever Big Sister wants to be.  We finally agreed to let Tory have a go at gymnastics.  She comes home bouncing after her first hour and a half class and says, "Mommy, that was a very SHORT class!" I agreed.  She could have stayed another hour, I thought, and maybe she would have tired out a little.  But it was all a facade: she fell asleep on her way down to the pillow that night.

Of course, I had to let Natalia try out a class too.  She wrapped her legs and arms around me as though she feared imminent separation from me and I had to jump down the trampoline line with her about five times before she finally allowed me to just hold her hand and do it with her.  Today, at her third class, she still wants me close, but she has certainly blossomed. :) They both share the same, sweet teacher, who is the second of 6 (or was it 8?) siblings.














No comments:

Post a Comment