Sunday, February 2, 2014

Cupcakes, Hawks, and Mrs. Ranch



Every Thursday, Natalia and I hang out with this lovely lady and her baby sister (though she is always napping, so we rarely see her).  Natalia had been asking me to make her some Dora the Explorer cupcakes she had seen online, so we finally made them together this one day. Yes, that is supposed to be Dora's face! :) It was fun.

Yes, they really only want the frosting anyway, right?

Another exciting event was watching the Seahawks win the superbowl this year! You can tell I am not a real fan, since I did not give the Hawks a post all by itself.  Though it is true I would rather read a good book than watch a football game, I must admit it was very exciting to watch the Seahawks win. :)



And this is the perfect place to write this little story about Natalia:  We were getting dressed, and I said to Natalia, "Let's see if we can find some Seahawk colors for you to wear!"  She emphatically said, "No! I don't want to wear Seahawk colors!"  I said, "Okay, no problem." and proceeded to dress her in her normal comfortable pants, and new shirt! Knowing no better, she spent a very happy day, celebrating the Seahawks without it upsetting her at all! :)





Here is another example of Tory creativeness! I got the ranch out for their carrot dip, and Tory suddenly jumps out of her chair and runs to the play room.  I was still getting dinner ready, and only half heard her snipping away with the scissors, and pulling out the tape.  I turned to the table and she proudly introduced Mrs. Ranch to me! :)  They even held her "hands" when we prayed before eating! :)
Oh, and BTW, she still sits cooly in our fridge, surprising any visitors who might happen by..... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment